Tuesday 7 March 2017

Queued Penguins

Perving at the upcoming Penguin Classics has revealed a bunch of things I will need to spend money on, and a few things worthy of comment here. First of all, an apparently random trio of upcoming titles have a completely new series design, for no reason I can yet determine. I like it, but don't understand what's happening.




  

 

There's also a welcome addition of more weird/horror fiction to the line, both American and Filipino.




We also have another ofBassani's Romanzo di Ferrara books, getting us closer to having the whole cycle in print in English...

..and using a cover image last seen on the late, lamented Harvill edition of Erwin Mortier's My Fellow Skin.



And then we have Ishmael Reed's Mumbo Jumbo, which is a welcome addition to the library of books featuring Josephine Baker on the cover.



Here are some of the other upcoming offerings worth your consideration.

4 comments:

Vince said...

Looks like those first three are an evolution of the recent Pocket Penguin series? (It looks like the same colour = original language thing going on.)

JRSM said...

That's true: but why these three and not others? Only thing they have in common I can see is all are translations.

Anonymous said...

I'm excited to see the Sabato reissue as I believe it's been out of print in the U.K. since the Jonathan Cape edition in 1990. But I'll probably buy it in the competing new Verba Mundi reissue since Penguin has enough of my money already.

JRSM said...

Penguin did his 'The Tunnel' a few years ago, which I enjoyed a lot.