Tuesday 25 August 2009

Tatts

And in a follow-up to the last post, here's another Buckley-overseen wonder: Penguin Ink, which uses tattoo artists to create book covers. Here are the first two (again, click for bigger versions).

Coetzee by Chris Conn.

Foster Wallace by Duke Riley.

I'm no afficionado of tattoos, but these covers are grand. Basically, Penguin US want all my money, and I want to give it all to them.

UPDATE: I asked Paul Buckley about these covers, and here's what he said: "They come out in the first third of next year. I'm not exactly sure which month. Yes, there will be more... I just got Chris Garver's work; Bert Krak will be turning one in soon; I have a Maori one coming up, and Tara McPherson (yes, I realize she is not a "tattoo artist") has agreed to try her hand at creating some flash art for me."

2 comments:

Ian Koviak said...

some more covers with same image: http://shereadsandreads.blogspot.com/2009/08/similar-covers-closeups-of-womens-faces.html

these tat covers are cool. could become a fad...

JRSM said...

Cheers for the link. Regarding the tat covers, I asked Paul Buckley about them, and here's what he said: "They come out in the first third of next year. I'm not exactly sure which month. Yes, there will be more... I just got Chris Garver's work; Bert Krak will be turning one in soon; I have a Maori one coming up, and Tara McPherson (yes, I realize she is not a "tattoo artist") has agreed to try her hand at creating some flash art for me."